"Her Exiled Children...": Voices in America and the 1916 Easter Rising
Wednesday, November 18, 2015, 7:00 p.m.
at The Sheen Center, 18 Bleecker St. at Elizabeth St. New York, NY 10003
A troupe of New York's finest actors bring the proclamation, songs, and stories of the 1916 Easter Rising to life to capture the American voice of this historic event.
Important political and cultural figures such as James Connolly, John Devoy and humorist Finley Peter Dunne will be brought to life, along with members of organizations such as The United Irish Women of New York and the journalists of prestigious news outlets such as the New York Times and the Washington Post, by an impressive gathering of talented performers:
· Singer and actress Maxine Linehan (see Maxine's popular rendition of "Oh, Danny Boy" in honor of the Mets here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVvI3AUSxAg)
· Irish tenor David O'Leary
· Singer-songwriter Seamus Galligan
· Actress Orlagh Cassidy, who recently appeared on HBO's Veep and Fox's Gotham
· Broadway star David English
· 1st Irish Theatre festival's "Best Actress" award recipient Anna Nugent
· Christopher Randolph, who recently starred in King Lear alongside Christopher Plummer
· Sean Gormley, star of numerous Irish Repertory Theatre productions
Directed by George C. Heslin.
$20 General Admission
$10 Glucksman Ireland House NYU Members* - Become a member
$10 for students with valid ID*
Tickets on sale now on OvationTix.com
*Members and students: please email us for the discount code.
Part of a series of events presented by Glucksman Ireland House NYU to mark the centennial of the 1916 Easter Rising.
Presented, in part, with the support of Ireland's Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade and the Consulate General of Ireland in New York
Please note that the correct date for this event is Wednesday, November 18th, whereas it was previously scheduled for the following day.
All events are supported by members of Glucksman Ireland House. Become a member.